Exfoliation is considered to be one of the most important techniques that you can perform on your skin to resolve certain skin problems as well as achieve a healthy and glowing skin.
Whether you have dry, normal , oily or sensitive skin, exfoliation can bring life to your complexion. Exfoliation is also the perfect solution to lighten and brighten age and sun spots. Although exfoliation can be done as part of your at home skin care routine, the very best forms of exfoliation will be found at a Spa and performed by a licensed Aesthetician. In a Spa environment you will be offered multiple different ways to exfoliate your skin with wonderful results !
Let’s look at the TOP FIVE REASONS TO EXFOLIATE:
1. Help Clear Acne and Breakouts: Exfoliation helps to reduce the occurrence of acne and breakouts. Acne prone skin sheds extra skin cells but these cells do not fall away or shed. Instead, they stick to the skin causing pores to clog. As this dead skin (debris) builds the skin produces excess follicle oils which leads to blackheads and blemishes. Regular exfoliation will reduce the likelihood of clogged pores and acne.
2. Improve Your Skins Texture: Exfoliating the tired dead cells will speed up the skin’s renewal process allowing new healthy cells to replace the dead ones. This process turns your complexion from dull and dry to bright, vibrant and smooth skin. In addition , regular exfoliation reduces fine lines and wrinkles and keeps your skin much softer.
3. Reduce the Appearance of Large Pores: Along with dead cells, exfoliating also removes the dirt and debris that becomes stuck deeply inside your pores. Washing your skin alone will not accomplish this! When pores become clogged, they appear larger, which is the last thing anyone wants. Cleaning your pores through exfoliation will help to diminish the size of your pores and allow your skin to have a health polished glow.
4. Exfoliate Away All Signs of Aging: As we age, our skin becomes drier and we lose elasticity . This can result in fine lines and wrinkles. You may find that your skin is rough in texture and dull in appearance. This is caused by the multiple layers of dead skin that accumulates month after month, year after year.
5. Increase the Efficacy of Skin Care Products: Serums and moisturizers are much better absorbed into the skin when the skin is not blocked by layers of dead cells and dirt . Exfoliating will allow your skin to be properly moisturized and stay health, strong and vibrant. This is also true for makeup and sunscreen . Regular exfoliation of your face will help your makeup go on smoother, more even and will also allow your sunscreen to better protect your skin.
Exfoliation does not mean irritation ! Be sure to be gentle when you exfoliate… Your skin will appreciate your efforts!